Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Questions to ask when tech recruiter calls

  1. How did you find me?
  2. Is this a retainer or contingency assignment?
  3. Are you dealing with the client’s HR people, or do you have direct contact with the hiring manager?
  4. How long has the client been with you?
  5. How many candidates have you placed with this client?
  6. When will I find out the name of the principal or client company?
  7. May I have a written job description?
  8. Where is the position located?
  9. Where is the company headquartered?
  10. To whom does the position report?
  11. Can you tell me about this executive’s management style?
  12. Why is the position open?
  13. What happened to the person who previously held this position?
  14. Is this a new position?
  15. How long has the position been open?
  16. How long have you been working on the assignment?
  17. What does the position pay?
  18. Are here any pay or compensation constraints that I should take into consideration?
  19. What can you tell me about the person who will be interviewing me?
  20. What is his or her position, title, management style?
  21. Who will make the final hiring decision?
  22. After you present my resume, when can I expect to hear from you regarding the status of this position?
  23. Can you describe, specifically, how the company navigates/balances work? and personal-life issues?
  24. What might I do that would violate the culture of the company during my interview?

No comments:

Post a Comment