Friday, May 27, 2011

Cover Letter Template for Entry Level Jobs

Following is a template cover letter that you can use as a starting point for your own cover letter. Don’t copy it word for word, but use it as a guideline.

Balance the letter on page by adjusting the spacing here. Even if you are applying electronically, the employer may print this out to read, so it should look nice.



Month Day, Year (current date)

Mr. XYZ
Human Resources Manager
ABC Company
Company Street Address
City, State, Pin code

Dear Mr XYZ:

I read with interest your advertisement for engineering positions at ABC Company. Your company is one of the leaders in the electronics industry, and I am interested in being employed by a company with your background.

Enclosed is a copy of my resume that details my academic qualifications and practical experience gained through the cooperative education program. As you can see from my resume, I have a firm foundation in electrical engineering.

Thank you for taking your time to review my resume. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss how my education, practical skills, and background would qualify me to be a member of the ABC Company.

Please contact me at xxx-xxxx or name@email.com to set up a time for an interview. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

(3-4 blank lines)

Your Signature goes here if sending hard copy.
(your typed name)
Enclosure



Use “Enclosure” at the end if you are submitting your cover letter and resume via hard copy. If you are submitting via email, change this word to “Attachment” instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment