Tuesday, May 17, 2011

How to Interview: Marketing Team Selection

So here are a sample of the types of interview Questions, in this case, sales and marketing people for a company

Tell me about a time when you had to make a sales presentation to major client. Did you get your message across successfully?

Tell me how you handle confrontation? Please give me a recent example?

Tell me about the last time you had to use your negotiating skills to bring about increased sales from a major client.

Tell me about a salesperson  you know  who has inspired you . What did you learn from him/her? How have you been able to incorporate these methods into your own sales skills?

How do you handle negative feedback from angry customers? How do you normally respond to them?

Have you ever felt during course of your work that the existing systems and solutions are not sufficient to meet needs of customers properly and need to be changed? If so, tell me more.

Tell me about the methods you use to keep informed of your sales teams's activities and progress towards their set objectives.

How do you keep up to date with recent developments in your field

Tell me about a recent sales and marketing strategy you implemented which failed to reach its objectives. What did you learn from it?

How have you fostered an atmosphere and ethos of aggressive but ethical selling behavior in your area?
When you need to employ somebody with strong sales skills, what do you look out for?

Tell me about a successful lead and referrals generation system that you created (or improved) and implemented.

When your sales team has been in danger of failing to reach their targets, what steps do you normally take?

What steps do you undertake when you have an idea to improve either a company service or product? Give me a recent example.

Tell me about a time when you had to make a sales presentation to major clients. Did you get your message across successfully?

Describe a project you undertook that required researching for possible foreign distributors for your products, how did you go about it?

What steps do you normally take to develop relationships with key Opinion Leaders (KOL). Can you give me a recent example?

Tell me about the most difficult distributor you have had to deal with? Why were they so difficult? How did you handle them?

How have you dealt with rejection in the past? Can you give me some examples?

What steps have you taken to become proficient in the use of modern office software? Which software programs are you familiar with?

Tell me about a time when your company had to make a dubious decision, and there was a possibility of an adverse public reaction. How did you manage the situation?

Tell me about a situation where two of your managers were at odds and you helped to negotiate a solution acceptable to all.

Tell me about a time when you anticipated a serious potential problem in a company's marketing strategy. How were you able to anticipate it?

Tell me about a recent sales and marketing strategy you implemented which failed to reach its objectives. What did you learn from it?

What steps do you undertake when you have an idea to improve one of your organization's marketing strategies -maybe in relation to loyalty/incentive programs, brand management or online campaigns? Please give me a recent example.

No comments:

Post a Comment