Friday, May 27, 2011

Sample Interview Questions - Behavior Based


More Sample Interview Questions:
  • Think of a problem person you had to deal with, describe the situation and tell me how you handled it.
  • Describe a situation in which you felt it was necessary to break company policy or alter procedures to get things done.
  • Can you give me an example of when you came up with a clever way to motivate someone?
  • Tell me about an important goal you've set in the past and how you accomplished it.
The following is a list of typical questions that you may be asked at a BEI Interview. Do not attempt to learn answers off by rote but be prepared for these types of questions, usually (but not always) mixed in with technical ones.
  • Think of a problem person you had to deal with, describe the situation and tell me how you handled it.
  • Give me an example of a colleague/ vendor/ customer who was hard to communicate with and tell me how you handled it.
  • Describe a situation in which you felt it was necessary to break company policy or alter procedures to get things done.
  • Give me a general description of your responsibilities in your current or last job.
  • Tell me about something you've done in your job that was creative. Think of a specific example. Tell me exactly how you handled it.
  • Tell me about a time you made a quick decision you were proud of.
  • Tell me about an important goal you've set in the past and how you accomplished it.
  • Do you know the expression 'to roll with the punches'? Tell me about a time when you had to do that.
  • When you had to do a job that was particularly uninteresting, how did you deal with it?
  • Tell me about a time when an upper level decision of policy change held up your work. How did you handle it?
  • Describe a situation in your last job where you could structure your own work schedule. What did you do?
  • Tell me about a time when you've stuck to company policy or procedure, when it might have been easier and more effective not to.
  • Think about a problem you might have had in being decisive, and tell me how you handled it.
  • Describe a time when you had to communicate some unpleasant feelings to a supervisor.
  • What's been your experience of dealing with poor performance of subordinates? Provide an example.
  • In your current position, what sort of decisions do you make without consulting your boss?
  • Can you think of any major obstacles you had to overcome in your last job? How did you deal with them?
  • What types of things have made you angry, and how did you react to those situations?
  • You've told me a lot of your strengths for this job. But I need to get a balanced picture and get some knowledge of where you might need some improvement. Describe for me a time when you made a mistake that illustrates your need to for improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment